Library and Documentation Service
Background of ILGS library
ILGS hosts one of Ghana's prestigious library and information resource centre. The Centre has an online resource database, allowing staff and students to browse collections regardless of their location with access to relevant books, journal and other publications.
The library plays a very important role in academic life at ILGS. There is a rich and diverse collection of materials to serve the needs of teaching, research and administrative staff, students as well as the library’s partners and external users. The library collection (print and electronic) provides an essential background to the courses pursued at the Institute. The library has two service point- Accra and Tamale.
Our vision is to support the institution and its stakeholders by providing seamless access to the widest possible spectrum of information.
The mission is to provide library users with the information they need to achieve their highest academic potential and help them acquire research skills necessary for lifelong learning.
i. Semester Time:
Monday to Friday - 8:30am-10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday - 9:00am -3:00pm
ii. Vacation period:
Monday to Friday -8:30am – 6:00pm
Saturday - 9: 00am -3:00pm
We have dedicated, well trained and friendly staff who assist our patrons with their information needs
* Information Literacy Skills Programme
* Electronic Support Services
* Reference and Reader Services
* Literature Searches
* Library Instructions and Training
* Inter-Library Loans and Documents Delivery Services
* Reprographic services
• Institutional Repository
• E- resources
• Past Questions
General Rules & Regulations
1. Silence shall be observed at all times within the library
2. As courtesy to other library users, cell phones, beepers and electronic devices should be switched off or put on silent mode in the library
3. Smoking is forbidden in the library
4. No food is allowed in the library.
5. Firearms and other offensive weapons are not allowed in the library
6. No seat shall be reserved by or for any reader. Any seat reserved shall be cleared by the library staff for use of others
7. Library staff shall inspect any item being taken out of the library
8. Orderly conduct must be maintained at all times within the library
9. Clients must take valuable items out of their bags before leaving them
Students, lecturers and staff shall borrow book/s over a period of time.
The library shall borrow books for users from other Universities libraries when needed
Renewal of Borrowed Books
General Collection items may be renewed twice, unless another patron has requested for the item(s). Materials shall be renewed before the due date.